Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Cheap and Easy Chicken Stir-Fry

So my husband loves Asian dishes, however I feel like I have no clue how to make any good, quick and easy ones.  Because let's face it, after a long day I really do not like to make food that involves too many ingredients I am not familiar with.  With that being said I thought I would surprise Josh with a new Asian dish one night this week.  Being that we are on a pretty tight budget I took to Pintrest (like I do often) to find a easy recipe with simple ingredients.

Here we go!  I found a great recipe (listed below) and headed to the store.  I was able to purchase all the ingredients listed below from Walmart for  $10 (already had the soy sauce and spices on hand).  Last night was my first try with the recipe.  

Here are my thoughts and added tips:
  • It was so easy to make!  
  • Tip number one would be to add a small amount of the angel hair noddles at a time to chicken/broccoli/sauce.  I was not thinking and added all the noodles at one time.  
  • We felt like it was missing something--- so next time I will add PINEAPPLE and CILANTRO
  • Last little thing to mention is that it is super yummy the next day too!  We love leftovers and enjoyable ones are an added bonus.
The recipe is listed below.  I hope those that try this dish enjoy.  I would also love to hear your thoughts, dislikes, etc.

Until next time!!

~Amanda


Speedy Chicken Stir-Fry
(origin unknown)

Ingredients
8 oz angel hair pasta, uncooked
2 c. broccoli (frozen or fresh)
1 lb chicken, raw and cubed
1/2 c. Asian Sesame Dressing
2 Tbls. Low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 tsp. ground ginger, garlic powder, crushed red pepper

Directions
Cook pasta as directed on package. Add broccoli to pasta water for the last 3 minutes of pasta cooking time.
Spray large non-stick skillet with cooking spray over med-high heat, cook chicken 6-8 minutes or until cooked. Add in dressing and spices and cook for 1 minute.
Drain pasta and broccoli. Add to skillet and toss with chicken. Serve warm.

No comments: